Warmer weather is among us and that means it’s time to hit up some farmers markets in the Guelph region.
Farmers’ markets are great for getting fresh local produce, baked goods and artisan products.
By going to Farmers’ Markets you buy direct from the producers and help the economy by supporting Ontario farmers and sustainable food production.
Check out some of these Farmers’ Markers in our area
- Guelph Farmers’ Market
- 2 Gordon St., Guelph, On
- Open Saturdays Year Round 7 am until 12 noon
- Downtown Guelph Wednesday Market
- Located in St Georges Square
- Runs Every Wednesday Rain or Shine at 11:30am – 5:30pm from May 24th until August 31st 2016
- Aberfoyle Farmers Market
- 3 Brock Rd South, Aberfoyle, ON (Located at Optimist Recreation Centre beside the Public Library)
- Open Saturday mornings 8 am to 1 pm, May until late October
- Accessible by GO Bus Rte 29A from Guelph Central at 6:55, 7:55, 8:55, 9:50, 10:50 & 11:50a.m. (10 minutes later from U of Guelph) arriving at Aberfoyle Optimist Recreation Centre Bus stop 10 minutes later. Return trips leave from the stop across the street 10 minutes after each hour starting at 9:10a.m.
- Elora Farmers’ Market, Elora, Ont.
- Summer -Bissell Park, East Mill St and Winter – Grand River Raceway, in the Paddock building.
- Open Saturdays 9:00am until 1:00p.m.
You can also find Farmers’ Markets in nearby Kitchener and Cambridge, Ontario.
Did we miss one? Hit the Contact page and send me the info!
For a full list of Farmers’ Markets in Ontario, check out the Farmers; Markets Ontario website by clicking here.