Starting Tuesday, September 6, Guelph Transit is offering early morning shuttle service for residents looking to connect to GO Transit’s newest early morning train service.
The new early morning shuttle service will begin at 4:30 a.m., arriving at Guelph Central Station in time for GO Transit’s first train at 5:48 a.m. The shuttle is a pre-booked, co-fare eligible service that will pick up passengers from current Guelph Transit conventional bus stops.
“After GO Transit announced it was adding two additional trains in the morning and afternoon which stop in Guelph, we looked at how we can meet the needs and travel demands of our riders,” says Fred Gerrior, manager, transit operations, Guelph Transit. “The solution was easy; start service earlier. We’ve adjusted our morning service to connect with the second morning train, but rather than starting our entire service earlier to connect to the new 5:48 a.m. train, we have opted to introduce a shuttle service that riders pre-book. This will meet riders’ needs and we can keep costs low.”
GO Transit’s addition of a second early morning train, departing at 6:28 a.m. from Guelph Central Station, and the other additions in the afternoon will be serviced by Guelph Transit’s conventional bus service.
Guelph Transit has also extended the hours of use for PRESTO co-fare cardholders. The PRESTO card can now be used from the start of service to 7:30 a.m. and from 5:40 p.m. to 9:15 p.m., regular weekday service only.
To book your early morning shuttle service, call 519-822-1811 extension 2801 between the hours of:
- Monday to Friday: 7 a.m.–9:45 p.m.
- Saturdays: 8 a.m.–9:45 p.m.
- Sundays: 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
For more information on the early morning shuttle service, the co-fare program and other September service updates, visit guelphtransit.ca.
Read about the new GO Train services starting on Tuesday September 6th.
Guelph Transit and GO Transit Co- Fare Program
Passengers will qualify for the $0.60 co-fare when boarding a Guelph Transit bus and presenting one of the following:
- A valid single-ride GO Transit ticket when connecting from a GO Train or GO Bus at Guelph Central Station on any service day. Transfers will be issued for the Guelph Transit system upon request.
- A valid GO Transit day-pass when connecting to or from a GO Train or GO Bus at Guelph Central Station on any service day. Transfers will be issued for the Guelph Transit system upon request.
- New times starting September 6 – A PRESTO card from the start of service until 7:30 a.m. and between 5:40 p.m. and 9:15 p.m. on buses scheduled to arrive at or depart Guelph Central GO Station during regular weekday service. Transfers will not be issued if passengers are required to take more than one Guelph Transit bus to reach Guelph Central Station; these passengers will be required to pay the co-fare at each boarding.